New Flash Fiction Review will be open for submissions for our November issue from August 15 to September 15th.
Here are our guidelines:
- We Invite you to submit one story.
- The maximum word count is 500 words.
- We don’t accept previously published material.
- Submissions only via Submittable.
- Simultaneous submits are cool, just do us the solid and withdraw it if needed.
- Please note all of our readings are anonymous, so please do not have any author information in your document or we will have to reject it in fairness to the others and the principle of reading anonymously.
At New Flash Fiction Review, we appreciate quality and innovation. We are living in the present day. If we had to pick a previous favorite decade, it had better be pretty decadent (or at least fun) and possibly Dada. We want to read your smart, funny, mind-blowing, tragic, and unforgettable words.
To further get a flavor for what we like, please read our current issue, read founding editor Meg Pokrass’s work, read the Wigleaf Top 50, Smokelong, The Café Irreal, Cheap Pop, the Bath Flash Fiction Award, and so many more. Read our editors’ bios, wherein they mention more about the kind of work they enjoy.
Check out previous NFFR stories that have been in or nominated for the anthologies.