We are currently closed for submissions.
Here’s the basics (some are new):
- 750 word max. We’d like to emphasize the flash of New Flash Fiction.
- 1 story per submission period.
- We don’t accept previously published material.
- Submissions only via Submittable.
- Simultaneous submits are cool, just do us the solid and withdrawal it if needed.
- We will reply to everyone early in February.
- CNF is still being done by Special Features query, but we will be looking to open it in Submission calls early this year.
To get a flavour for what we like, please read our current issue, read Meg’s work, read the Wigleaf Top 50, Smokelong, Cheap Pop, the Bath Flash Fiction Award, and so many more! Read Audra Kerr Brown’s Wigleaf Top 50 story The Way of the Woods. Read Al Kratz’s Second Place story at Bath Flash Fiction Award You Have So Many More Choices Than Fight or Flight. Read and love Flash! Share the love with us! Check out Al Kratz’s articles on Beginnings and Endings. Check out previous NFFR stories that have been in or nominated for the anthologies. Check out Al’s perusal through NFFR history here and here.