We will be open for the 2022 New Flash Fiction Prize on May 15th thru June 30th. See specific contest information here.
Here’s the basics to our regular issue guidelines:
- 500-word maximum. We’d always like to emphasize the “flash” of New Flash Fiction.
- 1 story per submission period.
- We don’t accept previously published material.
- Submissions only via Submittable.
- Simultaneous submits are cool, just do us the solid and withdraw it if needed.
- Please select the right queue either for Fiction or CNF.
- Please note all of our readings are anonymous, so please do not have any author information in your document or we will have to reject it in fairness to the others and the principle of reading anonymously.
To get a flavor for what we like, please read our current issue, read Meg’s work, read the Wigleaf Top 50, Smokelong, Cheap Pop, the Bath Flash Fiction Award, and so many more! Read Audra Kerr Brown’s Wigleaf Top 50 story The Way of the Woods. Read Al Kratz’s Second Place story at Bath Flash Fiction Award You Have So Many More Choices Than Fight or Flight. Read and love Flash! Share the love with us! Check out Al Kratz’s articles on Beginnings and Endings. Check out previous NFFR stories that have been in or nominated for the anthologies. Check out Al’s perusal through NFFR history here and here.